THINGS TO PURCHASE FOR MARCHING BAND THIS YEAR:
- Black Cargo style shorts for guys. Girls Black Cargo style or Capri style shorts. This will be worn ( along with our band polo or show shirts, more info on those later) as our informal marching uniform for parade, games when the weather is too hot, or other activities where we don't want to wear a formal uniform. Notice length must be just above the knees.
- water jug. this is just an example. A small water bottle will not work. You will need something that will hold enough water for an entire rehearsal
- HS BAND PARENT MEETING- MONDAY, JULY 13TH 7:00PM BAND HALL OR GYM DEPENDING ON COVID RESTRICTIONS AT THE TIME
** EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE UPCOMING MARCHING BAND SEASON.**
REQUIRED FORMS TO FILL OUT, FEES, VITAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES, SUMMER BAND SURVIVAL TIPS, AFTER SCHOOL PRACTICE SCHEDULES AND MUCH MORE..........
INFORMATION CONCERNING THE PHYSICAL FORMS AND THE REQUIREMENTS:
Just like athletics, I am required to have these physical forms on file. This is how it is working for THIS school year......
If you had a physical on file from last year for either band or athletics, you are good for this year. BUT.....
1. EVERYONE has to fill out the Participation Physical Evaluation- Medical History regardless if you need a physical or not. and IF you answer yes to any of the FIRST 6 questions, you will need another physical. That Form is located on the 2nd page of the attached document.
2. IF you have never had one done because you were not in athletics last year or HS marching band, then you have to get everything done BEFORE you can start marching.
Please let me know if you have any questions. And please take of this ASAP. You are welcome to screen shot it or scan it to me. You can get hard copies from the front office too.
Printable Physical Forms here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QiCkWOQCdfrkJ1xzfv0SlPLebhYOKb04/view?usp=sharing
PRINTABLE Marching Band 2020 Summer Band Schedule HERE:
**Please let me know of conflicts NOW 🙂 We will also work out ride share as needed.***
- PERCUSSION SUBSECTIONALS: ALL SUBSECTIONALS WILL BE AT MR. H'S HOUSE IN GREENVILLE ( HE LIVES BEHIND THE WATER PARK) 1412 JACKSON'S RUN GREENVILLE 75402
QUADS: THURSDAYS 2:45 PM- 3:30 PM: 6/11, 6/25 AND 7/9
FRONT ENSEMBLE: THURSDAYS 2:45 PM- 3:30 PM: 6/18, 7/2 AND 7/16
BASSES: FRIDAYS 5PM - 5:45PM: 6/12, 6/26 AND 7/10
SNARES: FRIDAYS 5PM - 5:45PM: 6/19, 7/3 AND 7/17
(DETAILS ALSO FOUND ON THE PERCUSSION BAND APP)
- SEE BELOW FOR LEADERSHIP OFFICERS, RESULTS FOR DRUM LINE/ FRONT ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS, MARCHING SHOW MUSIC RECORDING, AND PDF'S OF MARCHING SHOW MUSIC TO COPY AND START PRACTICING.
LEADERSHIP OFFICERS FOR 2020 MARCHING SEASON:
DRUM MAJORS: KARISSA HITCHCOCK AND TYLER SLOUGH
WOODWIND CAPTAIN: KAYLEE WILHITE
HIGH BRASS CAPTAIN: EMMA HALL
LOW BRASS CAPTAIN: NILES SHOAFF
DRUM CAPTAIN: JOSEPH SMISEK
COLOR GUARD CAPTAIN: GRACIE PIPPIN
DRUM LINE AND FRONT ENSEMBLE AUDITION RESULTS:
SNARE: JOSEPH SMISEK. AND SETH LYNCH
QUADS: TAYLOR CROSS AND ISAAC KALISEK
BASSES: KAYLEE HEDGES, JOE MEXIA, AND ZAC SHOAFF
FRONT ENSEMBLE: TAYLOR BREEDLOVE, DRAYKE STANDLEY, NATHAN CADENHEAD, AND TAYLOR RUSHING.
2020 Marching show recordings:
The Jazz Police:
Zoot Suit Riot:
2020 Marching show: pdf copies.:
look through each PDF and find your part. Hopefully you can find a way to copy it. Let me know if you can not. For those instruments with divided parts, I will be using the assigned playing test to determine which part you will play. For right now, look at all parts. For percussion, keep working on the Drumline audition packet. Once we can have an audition, then everyone will know what percussion parts they will play. Hopefully in Mid-May.
- Feeling Good:Feeling Good
- The Jazz Police: The Jazz Police copies of music
- Zoot Suit Riot: Zoot Suit Riot
Stay in touch: Charms instructions on main page
remind code: @loneoakhi
google classroom code: 5ascqga